Donations of all kinds are vital for Young Musicians of Alamance.
Here are some ways you can help:
$6,600 sponsors 30 students for 1 Month
$2,700 sponsors one student for the year
$900 sponsors 1 student for a Semester
$750 buys healthy food and snacks for 30 students for 1 Month.
$675 buys healthy food to be cooked for 30 students for 1 Month OR sponsors 1 student for a Quarter
$225 sponsors 1 student for a Month
$60 buys healthy snacks for 30 students for 1 Month
- Desktop Computer
- Food Donations
- Board Members
- Committee Members
- Fundraising Pros
- Community Outreach/Marketing
- Musicians to assist Teaching Artists at after-school and Saturday rehearsals
- Monthly/Recurring Donations
- Color Laser Printer
- Gift cards to Office Depot
Additional ways to contribute:
Retired music teachers interested in teaching small groups of students, or available to fill in when needed, are always appreciated and welcomed!
Volunteers are need to help with Food Prep and Clean-up on Saturday mornings during lessons. We also need Marketing, Community Outreach and Fundraising volunteers to help spread the vision of YMA and generate donations to keep us sustainable.
To Volunteer, or for further information, please contact us at: 336-524-6764 or email: email@example.com
Love Amazon AND Young Musicians of Alamance? Shop at Smile.Amazon.com and Amazon will donate a percentage to YMA. It’s that simple, shop and AMAZON DONATES!
Special Thanks to:
The Congregation of First Reformed United Church of Christ
for generous spaces, facilities, program support, financial support, and encouragement.
YMA Board of Directors
- Pastor Phillip Myers: President and Chair of the YMA Board of Directors; Pastor First Reformed UCC
- Beverly Pugh: Secretary, Young Musicians of Alamance; Businesswoman; Retired Principal, Rowan-Salisbury Schools
- Wallace Shearin: Treasurer, Young Musicians of Alamance Board of Directors; Dean, Alamance Community College
- Susan Abernethy, Member
- Shelley Realini, Member
- Mellow Mushroom, Burlington, NC
- The Root, Elon, NC
- Impact Alamance: $11,500 grant for YMA equipment expenses (2016 -17)
- Anonymous Donor: $10,000 (2015); $10,000 (2016); $15,000 for YMA general support, transportation, and office support (2017)
- First Reformed UCC Endowment Committee: $5,000 (2015 startup); $3,500 (2016 expansion and incorporation); $5,000 (2017 expansion)
- Mary Duke Biddle Foundation: $5,000 (2017)
- WCPE The Classical Station: $3,000 grant for YMA expansion (2016); $3,000 (2017)
- Artley Violins: For provision and care of YMA’s violins artleyviolins.com (2015, 2016, 2017)
- North Carolina Arts Council, via Alamance County Arts Council: $2,800 grant for YMA expansion (2016); $3,000 for expansion and transportation (2017)
- Jean Artley: Super Volunteer music teacher; named YMA as recipient of Malvin Artley Memorials
- The Bromilow Family: $2,400; contribution of 10 string instruments
- Hayden-Harman Foundation: $1,000 grant sponsoring YMA Spring Benefit
- Alamance Jazz Band: For in-kind performance contribution to YMA Spring Benefit
- D’Addario Music: $750 of in-kind contributions (2016); $1,500 and $500 of in-kind contributions (2017)
- Janice Nicholson, Angel: Friend of YMA; Monthly donations; $600 (2015); $616 (2016); $696 (2017)
- Faye Bowen, First Reformed UCC member: $300 in honor of Margaret Porterfield’s 90th Birthday
Additional Contributions and Assistance
- Ms. Ariel Perez Monagas, Honorary Founder: Knowledge about Sistema and inspiration to found the program.
- Mr. Daniel McInnis, Principal Eastlawn School, Burlington NC: Facilitation of YMA work with the school.
- Ms. Nancy Cothren, Principal North Graham Elementary School, Graham, NC: Facilitation of YMA work with the school.
- Ms. Sabre Robinson, Principal Andrews Elementary School, Burlington, NC: Facilitation of YMA work with the school.
- Mr. Lawrence Conte, Principal Newlin Elementary School, Burlington, NC: Facilitation of YMA work with the school.
- Ms. Yolanda Anderson, Principal, Broadview Middle School, Burlington, NC: Facilitation of YMA work with the school.
- Mr. Jason Slagle, Assistant Principal, Broadview Middle School, Burlington, NC: Facilitation of YMA work with the school.
- Mr. Lee Williams, Principal, Graham Middle School, Graham, NC: Facilitation of YMA work with the school.
- Bob Byrd, Former Senior Vice President of Alamance Regional Medical Center: Donor; assistance with community outreach and information; assistance with Benefit entertainment.
- Carol Burnett, Ministry Assistant, First Reformed UCC: Ongoing financial, clerical, design, printing, and general assistance and guidance. AKA “The Angel Carol”
- Dr. Beverly Pugh, YMA Board Secretary, Retired School Administrator, Businesswoman: Food contributions for Spring Benefit (2016)
- Grace Ann Witham: contribution toward cost of parent notice flyer translation; donations of items for fund-raising; donations of food items for Spring Benefit, 2016.
- Maxecine Mitchell, For the Moment Event Services: Food contribution for children attending Spring Benefit (2016)
- Susan and Steve Balog, First Reformed UCC: Introduction to Burlington Civitan; Donors; ongoing support for YMA
- Dr. Barnsley Brown, Spirited Solutions: Interpreter, first parent recruitment meeting. (Spring, 2015)
- Cindy Smith and Juan Alcantar, Alamance Burlington Schools: Interpreters, second parent recruitment meeting (Spring, 2015)
- Sra. Mayra Ramirez, YMA parent: interpreter, June Concert and Fall parent recruitment meeting (2015); parent recruitment meeting (Spring, 2016); various parent meeting interpretations
- Erin McLaughlin, YMA Volunteer Translater
- Ervin Allen, Director of Small Business Center, Alamance Community College: Mentoring and assistance in effective business organization and planning.
- Marti Asher, Gilliam, Coble, and Moser C.P.A.: Strong assistance with incorporation financing and applications.
- Cindy Smith, ABSS: Substitute String Teacher.
- Alexis Koegel, ABSS: Substitute General Music Teacher.
- Drorestor Alexander, Guilford County Schools: Substitute General Music Teacher
- Eric Booth, Publisher, El Sistema Ensemble Newsletter: Donor; Adviser, Promoter, and Friend to YMA nucleo.
- Dick O’Donnell, Alamance Leads & Chapel Hill Leads: Information for developing important business practices.
- Susan Watson, Women’s Resource Center: Management counseling.
- Martha Krall, Alamance Alliance for Children and Families: Management counseling.
- Janet Clement, Central Park Charter School for Children, Durham NC: Management counseling.
- Matthew and Eva Witham, Friends: first financial contribution.
- Carey Farrell, Clutter Free: Two instruments.
- David Stoner, EnviroFix: Instrument.
- Shelley Hartz, The Pingry School, New Jersey: Fund-raising and management counseling.
- Susan Puckett, First Reformed UCC congregation member and Circle #4 leader: Violin
- First Reformed UCC Circle #4: Christmas Party for YMA students
- John Pickett, Elon Academy: Academy volunteers for Saturday sessions
- Vonda Allen, V.K. Allen & Associates: Volunteer for Saturday sessions